World Racing 2: Champion Edition (2022)
Publisher: UniqueGames Publishing
Damageable vehicles: Yes
Tracks or places:
| XThUnDeRX wrote |
Another game with the hardware killer DRM problem? I trought only L.A Rush PC port had this.
|I want to take the chance to clear up a few things about this particular release as there appears to be some confusion.|
- This is a re-release of World Racing 2 that was added to Steam at the end of 2022, published by UniqueGames.
- The original developers (Synetic) went defunct in 2014.
- This release removes the highly controversial, PC destroying DRM known as StarForce that plagued the original release. This alone does NOT make this a pointless game, as World Racing 2 was fairly popular with several and can now be properly played on modern operating systems without potentially destroying hardware.
- For licensing reasons, all the licensed cars were removed in favour of look-alikes that very closely resemble the originally licensed vehicles.
- WR2 Champion Edition has support for Steam Workshop, allowing for easy modding.
- Though there hasn't been an update since December (as the team involved is currently working on a Steam release for Crash Time 5), the game is still planned to get updates down the line.
- Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT the project of Automotive Gaming and Co. Coding and extensive production of this project was actually worked on by "CookiePLMonster", a.k.a. Silent, whom you might recognize as being the same modder behind the much beloved SilentPatch mods for the Grand Theft Auto series, aswell as several quality of life patches for various racing games such as the Gran Turismo series and Colin McRae Rally 3, to name a few.
The TL;DR is that this is the best way to play World Racing 2 on a modern computer, with no computer destroying DRM and Steam Workshop support to make modding easier.
-- Last edit: 2023-06-10 02:03:37
|Isn't that the project of Automotive Gaming and co?|
| YochiThMaster333 wrote |
Yes i know. I will be adding missing cars soon.
| Ryan2t4 wrote |
Grzelciu, if you're reading this, could you, please, add more cars to the list? Not all cars are added here.
|some of cars are missing|
| J-2 wrote |
So just buy the original version?
|I had to search for this...so far, looks like a really pointless game, I can just see WR2 looking exactly the same, but with all the licensing lost for all cars.|
Add a comment
You must login to post comments...